This pretty red juice is one of my new favorite blends to come from my juicer. It has only three ingredients: beets, oranges and carrots. Beet juice has been shown in studies to increase the efficiency of oxygen transport in your blood and therefore, lengthen stamina during exercise. It may also lower blood pressure, cleanse the liver, help prevent cancer, and my favorite…act as a super aphrodisiac. Take a moment to consider these healthy effects of the juice on oxygen in the blood, the blood vessels, etc. It makes sense, huh?
“Happy Valentine’s Day, Honey! Here, I made this red juice for us in honor of the day.” Oh, how I love new traditions.
This easy-to-remember juicer recipe is loaded with:
- Vitamin C – highly effective antioxidant that helps support a healthy immune system; natural antihistamine
- Calcium – essential for building and maintaining bone density, may help support healthy blood pressure, important for milk production
- Iron – important for blood-oxygen transport, energy production
- Folate (folic acid) – essential prior and during pregnancy to help protect against congenital malformations, helps improve sperm quality; essential to many other functions
- Betalaine - has been shown to provide antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxification support
- Potassium – essential for muscle function, may help reduce blood pressure, helps maintain fluid and electrolyte balance
- beta-Carotene (converted to Vitamin A) - promotes growth, for visual light and color, prevents drying of the skin and eyes, for maintenance of the digestive and urinary tracts, and enhances resistance to bacterial infection. Vitamin A has also been linked to cancer prevention.
- Plus many more vitamins and nutrients that contribute to a well-balanced diet
Hope you love this juice and the crazy amount of vitamins and nutrients in it as much as I do!! One more thing…beeturia is common and totally normal, so don’t panic if your urine turns red or pink after drinking beet juice.
May you and whomever you share this with have a fantastic day! :-)
- 3 organic oranges (peeled past the pith)
- 3 organic medium-sized beets (peeling optional)
- 3 organic carrots
- Juice the oranges on low, then the remaining ingredients on high.